What Are A Building Inspectors Qualifications?
Qualifications of a Queensland Building Inspector
Purchasing a new property is quite often the largest investment of a lifetime, and so how equally important that you protect yourself against any unknown issues by ensuring that a building and pest inspection is carried out by a licenced and qualified inspector.
A professional building inspector in Queensland must hold the following;
- A QBCC licence number. You can carry out a licence search here.
- Five years experience in the scope of work for:
- builder low rise, medium rise, or open licence, or
- building surveyor, assistant building surveyor, or building surveyor technician.
- The relevant financial requirements in the minimum financial requirements policy.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance is required for this licence class.
Scope of work for a Building Inspector
- Inspection of a completed building, including an inspection and preparation of a report in accordance with Australian Standard 4349.1 2007 ‘Inspection of Buildings-Pre purchase property Inspections-Residential buildings’.
About Gold Coast Inspections
A thorough inspection of the property will be carried out to provide you with peace of mind with your new purchase.
Our Director, Jed Rogers is a fully licenced and insured builder, building inspector and pest inspector.
Gold Coast Inspections work independently and are not affiliated with any other parties, so you can be assured that our inspections are carried out ethically, and our reports are untainted.